Green Cleaners made by Clorox
In 2008, Clorox Corp (based here in Oakland, CA) came out with a line of green cleaning products. More than 99% of the ingredients in their new GreenWorks
line come from natural, non-petrochemical sources. The ingredients include:
- Alkyl Polyglucoside. This is a detergent surfactant made from coconut oil
- Ethanol SDA-3C. This is a dirt-dissolving solvent made from corn oil
- Glycerine. A solvent from corn oil
- Lemon oil. From Lemons, obviously, there for the fragrance
- Kathon, a preservative which is part of the 1% of the formula derived from petrochemicals. But it is biodegradable
- Milliken Liquitint Blue HP and Bright Yellow dyes. Also part of the 1% of the formula derived from petrochemicals.
As you probably know, most commercial cleaners do not provide a full ingreidents list such as Clorox has done. If you want more information about a commercial cleaner, you can visit The Green Guide
, an online publication of National Geographic.
Hope these sites lead you to new ideas!
Leave a comment