Nite Glow may be used for all kinds of interesting projects. In soap and gel candles, use it to color embeds. It can be added to nail polish, potpourri, face paint for novelty projects. You can also add it to translucent painting mediums and paint your craft projects.
In cosmetics, the FDA approves this product for limited use. Here is the specific FDA approval information on the product:
Luminescent Zinc Sulfide
(c)Uses and restrictions. The color additive luminescent zinc sulfide may be safely used for coloring externally applied facial makeup preparations and nail polish included under 720.4(c)(7)(ix) and (c)(8)(v) of this chapter, respectively, to the following restrictions:
(1) The amount of luminescent zinc sulfide in facial makeup preparations shall not exceed 10 percent by weight of the final product.
(2) Facial makeup preparations containing luminescent zinc sulfide are intended for use only on limited, infrequent occasions, e.g., Halloween, and not for regular or daily use.
(d)Labeling requirements. (1) The label of the color additive and any mixtures prepared therefrom shall bear expiration dates for the sealed and open container (established through generally accepted stability testing methods), other information required by 70.25 of this chapter, and adequate directions to prepare a final product complying with the limitations prescribed in paragraph (c) of this section.
(2) The label of a facial makeup preparation containing the color additive shall bear, in addition to other information required by the law, the following statement conspicuously displayed:
Do not use in the area of the eye.
Click to download SDS
Note: While supplies last, you may purchase this item at a discount. However, once it is...
$ 12.00 $ 9.00
A sample of each of the ten My Mix Cosmetic Lipstick Bases. FAQs Ingredients:...
Elegant, rectangular 10.5ml nail polish bottle with pink ribbed cap. Click on the FAQ's for...
Elegant and rectangular. Holds 10.5ml nail polish. Click on the FAQ's for dimensions. FAQs...
How much of this would you suggest adding to 1 pound of clear melt and pour?
The Sample Size, which is a teaspoon, is the least you would want to add to a pound of soap. You could add up to a tablespoon. Here are some things to think about:
1) Nite Glow Powder is heavy. So it is really going to want to sink to the bottom of the mold. For this reason, if you want the glow "throughout the bar" you need to stir it in at a very cool temp and pour into the molds at the last possible moment.
2) Nite Glow Powder gives more glow the more you use. So, if you want the max glow, you could, for example, allow the powdre to fall to the bottom of the mold and have a soap that is mostly clear, but only the top is glowing.
3) Another option is to add glow powder to an embed and not try to color the whole bar.
Hope this helps!