Vegetable wax with high melting point.
Sunflowerwax is a high melt point wax (congeals at 74 - 77 C) which improves consistency of sticks and emulsions by giving added hardness, texture, and strength. It also makes it easier to release your product from amold.
Often used as an alternate for Rice Bran Wax, Carnauba Wax, and Candelilla Wax. The product comes to you as tiny pastilles or beads of wax, making it very easy to precisely measure using either a spoon or scale.
|Jojoba Oil||8 gr||32%|
1) Measure Phase A, place into double boiler vessel (I use a 1 cup pyrex measuring cup).
2) While the wax is melting, measure out phase B. I measure this into a small 2oz. stainless steel creamer vessel. Use a colored mica of your choice.
3) When wax is melted, hold phase B vessel in the double water, constantly stirring with your thermometer until temperature 175F is reached. Take out of water, wipe the outside of stainless steel vessel to get the water off of it.
4) Pour Phase B into Phase A. Stir well. Take out of double boiler, wipe water off outside of pyrex measuring cup.
5) Add Phase C. (I use a disposable pipette) Stir well. Pour into mold at 168-170F.
Note: I use three thermometers ? one in the double boiler water which will need to be about 185-195F (just below boiling, there will be bubbles forming but not a boil) to melt the high melt point Sunflower Wax. I use another thermometer in phase A and another for phase B, to determine when the oil is the right temperature. You want to heat the oil so that it doesn?t shock the wax when you add it ? this way, you can keep the time your oil is heated to a minimum.
Note: While supplies last, you may purchase this item at a discount. However, once it is...
$ 12.00 $ 9.00
A sample of each of the ten My Mix Cosmetic Lipstick Bases. FAQs Ingredients:...
Elegant, rectangular 10.5ml nail polish bottle with pink ribbed cap. Click on the FAQ's for...
Elegant and rectangular. Holds 10.5ml nail polish. Click on the FAQ's for dimensions. FAQs...
Be the first to ask a question about this.