Versagel can be messy to work with, so we suggest you squeeze or spoon it into a zip lock bag, into which you add your ingredients such as colors (call it your "mixing bag"). Zip shut, smush together all the ingredients. When you are done, snip a bottom corner of the bag (just like a pasty chef squeezes icing onto a cake) and squeeze into the final container. Basically, the less you handle it the better!
Koren Zander of Enkore Makeup has posted an excellent tutorial on how to work with Versagel. If you have any fears about this product, please click here: http://www.enkoremakeuponline.com/Blog/Entries/2012/11/26_Versagel_M_Series.html
Tips from our customers:
TKB Staff methods working with Versagel:
a. Mixing Versagel with Castor Oil
1. Heat 4-gram of Versagel in the microwave for about 5-7 minutes. Then leave it inside for cooling for about 20 seconds.
2. Without taking out the Versagel container in the microwave put 2-gram Castor Oil which was in another container inside. Heat both containers together for about 30-40 seconds. The key is to have Castor Oil warm, not hot or very/boiling hot. Lightly touch the Castor Oil container to test the temperature. If it's quite warm or just a bit hot, you'll know the oil inside is warm.
3. Take both containers out of the microwave. Firstly, stir the Versagel quickly for about 5 seconds. And then poured Castor Oil in the Versagel. Do not pour all Castor Oil in the Versagel bowl at once, for it will create lumps. Instead, pour a bit of it in Versagel container; stir the mixture well and quickly. Then pour again another bit of oil; stir the mixture well and quickly. Keep repeating the step until all Castor Oil is mixed with Versagel.
b. Mixing Versagel with Lipstick Bases
Do the same step 1-3 as mixing Versagel with Castor Oil. Step 2, however, you need to make sure the lipstick bases are warmly melted. Not hot or very/boiling hot!!!!
1. The mixture inside your container will be solidified by the time you'd like to clean it. If not, wait for it to solidify.
2. Use a scraper or spatula to scrape off the mixture inside the container until nothing is left.
3. Spray a bit of alcohol inside the container to clean it. Wipe it with paper towel.
4. Wipe the scraper/spatula with paper towel. Then spray a bit of alcohol on it and clean it again with paper towel.
$ 12.00 $ 9.00
A sample of each of the ten My Mix Cosmetic Lipstick Bases. FAQs Ingredients:...
All natural lip stick base for use in your lip balm pots and tubes, as...
A warm milk chocolate brown. FAQs Ingredients: Castor oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Candelilla Wax, Lanolin,...
A strong, bright and warm coral. FAQs Ingredients: Castor oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Candelilla Wax,...